Danish Old School
"Old School Magic" is a limited format only focussing on the first two years after MTG was released in 1993 - first with the Alpha and Beta core series.
This is also the format that captures the essence of Magic in the earliset days as Richard Garfield envisioned it.
Danish Old School Legal sets
Revised (3rd Edition)
FBB (Foreign Black Border)
FWB (Foreign White Border)
Summer Edge Edition
We do NOT ban the seven cards due to racism/art: Invoke Prejudice, Cleanse, Stone-Throwing Devils, Pradesh Gypsies, Jihad, Imprison and Crusade
Danish Old School is always only cards with same frame and print as in: Alpha, Beta, Unlimited, Revised, Arabian Nights, Antiquities, Legends and The Dark.
OTHER SETS WITH SAME ART AND FRAME:
5th Edition (only some cards have same art)
Time Spiral (only some cards have same art)
30th Anniversary Set (only some cards have same art and frame)
Marked re-backed cards (non-marked is seen as illegal counterfeit cards)
Each tournament/event organizer can decide if one or more of these sets are legal at their event.
Restricted and Banned card list
(Only play with 1 copy in a deck incl. sideboard)
LIBRARY OF ALEXANDRIA
MISHRA ́S WORKSHOP
WHEEL OF FORTUNE
(Not allowed to play)
CONTRACT FROM BELOW
Mimimum 60 card main deck - no maximum, but player must be able to shuffle deck appropriately. Exactly 15 card Sideboard. After sideboarding main deck must still contain mimimum 60 cards and sideboard maximum 15 cards.
Mana Burn and Mulligan
There is mo mana burn.
We use the "London Mulligan" rule.
This mulligan lets you draw a new hand of seven as a mulligan each time, and then on a keep, put back a number of cards on the bottom of your library equal to the number of mulligans taken
Chaos Orb (2)
1, Tap: Choose a non-token permanent on the battlefield. If Chaos Orb is on the battlefield, flip Chaos Orb onto the battlefield from a height of at least one foot. If Chaos Orb turns over completely at least once during the flip, and touches the chosen permanent, destroy that permanent. Then destroy Chaos Orb.
Falling Star (2R)
Choose any number of non-overlapping creatures on the battlefield. Flip Falling Star from a height of at least one foot. If Falling Star turns over completely at least 360 degrees during the flip, it deals 3 damage to each chosen creature it lands on. Any creatures damaged by Falling Star that are not destroyed become tapped.
Danish Old School Teams
Below is a list of active MTG Old School Teams in Demark
(updated August 2022)
1. Drain Life Crew - 11 members / Copenhagen
2. Like A Wyrm - 10 members / Copenhagen
3. Masters Of Presence- 13 members /
4. Team Giant Spider - 1 member / Hammel
5. Team Tron - 4 members / Cross the Country
6. Pegasus - 20 members / Middle and Northern part of Jutland
7. Copenhagen Juggernauts - 9 members. / Copenhagen
8. The Pirate Ship crew - 4 members / Århus
9. Aalborg Electric Eels - 6 members. / Ålborg
10. Team Old Men Of The Sea
11. Long Island Crew - 17 members / Århus
12. Floral Spuzzems - 6 members / Copenhagen
13. Team HalfDane - 4 members/ Copenhagen
14. Hurloon Heroes - 2 members / Northern part of Jutland
15. North Star Brewers - 10 members / Copenhagen-Roskilde